Meet our go-to bake, made in partnership with our friends at Misfits Market. Sub in your favorite seasonal vegetables, slice them up, and add a healthy helping of fontina cheese and breadcrumbs for the perfect oven-baked side dish, just using your Essential Pan.
Work Time: 15 Minutes
Hang Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsps EVOO
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Drizzle 1 tbsp of EVOO on the bottom of your Essential Pan.
- Start lining your veggies around the edge of your pan vertically, alternating between tomato, onion and squash. Scatter garlic slices throughout and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, and remaining olive oil in a small Mixing Bowl, then sprinkle over the top of your stacked veggies.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese and breadcrumbs are nice and golden brown.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to get fresh produce delivered right to your door, check out Misfits Market. They rescue surplus or funny looking fruits and vegetables in order to break the cycle of food waste and make healthy food more accessible.