Parmesan. Eggs. Have we got your attention yet? Frico eggs are the simplest, tastiest breakfast upgrade we have in our arsenal. Enjoy them on their own, on a breakfast sandwich, or on top of onion and potato hash and you will not be disappointed.
Work Time: 5 minutes
Hang Time: N/A
- 1/3 cup+ of grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Herbs for a bit of freshness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your Fry Pan over medium. You can skip the oil here – the cheese will provide some extra slickness as it melts.
- Add a handful of cheese. As the cheese begins to melt, crack an egg over it and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the egg until the whites are set and transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with some fresh herbs if you have them.
- Repeat and enjoy!
If you’ve ever had trouble cleanly cracking an egg, here’s a pro tip. Instead of tapping it against the side of a bowl or pan, crack the shell on a flat surface, then gently pull apart the two sides with your fingers. This will keep the egg’s membrane in tact, preventing any shell from getting into your food.