Looking for a quick way to take a night in to the next level? We’re big believers that impressive cooking doesn’t have to be complicated, and this 20-minute dessert is no exception. Created in partnership with our friends at Dada Daily, these mini chocolate cakes are the perfect finishing touch to any homemade spread.
A few quick tips before you start cooking. First, align your prep time with your serve time. These cakes are best when enjoyed warm, so mix your ingredients before dinner starts and pop them in the oven 20-25 minutes before you expect to dig in. Second, get creative with toppings. We recommend fresh berries, whipped cream, or crushed pistachios. Sparkling wine optional. Enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 package (3 oz.) Schisandra Chocolate Petite Bars by Dada Daily, roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt or a couple pinches of flaky salt
- 1-2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait, melt 2 teaspoons of butter and use to coat inside of two 6 ounce ramekins or baking cups. Next, add a thin layer of cocoa powder, covering the base and sides thoroughly.
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a simmer in your Equal Parts Sauce Pan. Place the chopped chocolate in your medium Equal Parts Mixing Bowl, then place inside your Sauce Pan. Use your spatula to stir the chocolate as it melts. Add 4 tablespoons of butter to your Mixing Bowl and whisk with the chocolate until it’s halfway melted.
- Add sugar and salt into your Mixing Bowl and whisk. When combined, whisk in the egg and beat an additional minute or two. Ensure it’s smooth, then add in 2 tsp. of cocoa powder. Whisk entire mixture until combined.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly between your ramekins or baking cups. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes, depending on your desired gooeyness. Once time has passed, let your dishes cool for a minute or so.
- Wait to serve until you’re ready to eat. When you’re ready, place a small dessert plate over your first ramekin. Flip onto the plate, wait 10-15 seconds, then remove the dish. Do the same with the second cake. Top with whatever you have on hand, like whipped cream or fresh berries.