Step aside mashed potatoes. Here’s our lighter take on a holiday classic, featuring garlic, ghee and cauliflower. These ingredients combine into a fragrant and warming dish that you can eat as a side or with a spoon directly from your Small Pot, take your pick.
Work Time: 20 Minutes
Hang Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. of ghee or butter
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Coarse sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Handful of microgreens
- Chop up your cauliflower with your Chef’s Knife and place in your Big Pot.
- Add enough water to submerge the cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower, about 12 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat up your Small Pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp of butter or ghee, minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Drain cauliflower using your Equal Parts colander. Mash the cauliflower using a food processor or handheld potato masher until nice and smooth.
- Transfer back into a pot. Add garlic and butter/ghee mixture with additional salt and pepper to taste. Mix until evenly combined and delicious.
- Garnish with microgreens.
Ghee is clarified butter that’s commonly found in Indian and Pakistani dishes. It’s milk solids have been removed so it’s free of lactose and casein, which makes it a better choice for our dairy-sensitive friends. Try it out in your eggs, baking or other recipes like mashed potatoes that call for traditional butter.
Questions? Text us.
Connect with a culinary expert from our community. We can walk you through the recipe, suggest ingredient swaps, or help you improvise if you make a mistake (it happens). Consider us your friend in the kitchen.