This easy black bean dip packs a delightful punch. The secret is lot of onions, jalapeños, garlic, herbs, lime, and generous amount of spices, but the level of heat can be adjusted to taste. Serve this up as a crowd-pleasing dip or side. Enjoy!
Work Time: 5 Minutes
Hang Time: N/A
- 2 14 oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- ½ cup cilantro chopped, rinsed, and dried well (leaves and stems are fine)
- 1 jalapeño chopped (for a milder dip remove the seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- ½ cup grated cheese to top the dip (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, puréeing for about 1 minute. Alternatively, combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
Top with shredded cheese and serve with chips.
This dip is the perfect addition to a crudité platter, alongside the usual suspects of carrots, cucumbers, celery, and peppers. Try mixing up the usual assortment of veggies by adding snap peas, watermelon radishes, and purple cauliflower. Or, serve it with chips and our Spinach Artichoke Dip or Creamy Avocado Hummus.