Part guacamole and part hummus, this smooth and creamy dip is packed with fresh and tangy ingredients like greek yogurt, tahini, and seasonal herbs. Enjoy it with pita chips, as part of a crudités spread, or on your favorite sandwich.
Work Time: 5 Minutes
Hang Time: N/A
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 medium to large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, rinsed, and dried well (leaves and stems are fine)
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbs greek yogurt
- 1 tbs tahini (optional)
- 2 tbs lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flake (omit to make a milder version)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbs of water to thin dip as needed
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, puréeing for about 1 minute. Alternatively, combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
Top dip with extra cilantro and a drizzle of chili oil or olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve with chips, pita or cut up veggies.
This dip is the perfect addition to a crudité platter, alongside the usual suspects of carrots, cucumbers, celery, and peppers. Try mixing up the usual assortment of veggies by adding snap peas, watermelon radishes, and purple cauliflower. Or, serve it with chips and our Spinach Artichoke Dip or Spicy Black Bean Dip.